ACTIVITIES > Research and Innovation
The CPMR’s action is currently focused on the following 3 areas of work:
1. Smart specialisation and the conditionality of regional policy.
This activity is based on input from the Regions, in particular those that are taking part in the smart specialisation platform, with the aim of promoting the Regions’ ideas concerning initiatives taken at European level on this issue.In addition, the CPMR General Secretariat participates in the mirror group of the smart specialisation platform. The CPMR’s action regarding smart specialisation is also carried out under specific perspectives that correspond to the particular interests of member regions.
2. Regions and territories in the European Research Area. CPMR action in this area will focus on three main issues:
- Analysing the results of the FP, CIP and Structural Funds across European Regions. This action is based on the AMCER-ESPON project, developed in the framework of the CPMR. The objective of this action is to develop both a territorial vision of the results of these programmes across European regions and methodology for the analysis of FP and CIP results at regional level
- Developing a dynamic approach to excellence. The objective of this action is to promote the idea of a dynamic vision of excellence in the context of the negotiations of European policies post-2013
- Ensuring the direct participation of the Regions in Horizon 2020. This action aims to promote the idea that Regions of Knowledge-type programmes should be maintained and kept within Horizon 2020. In addition, within the framework of the negotiations of post-2013 policies, this action aims to increase the participation of the regions in EU programmes and instruments concerning the coordination of research policies
At the same time, the CPMR is looking into research and innovation within other specific policies such as marine and maritime research.
The CPMR‘s action in this field concentrates on:
Establishing a Marine KIC. The objective of this action is to support on-going initiatives led by KDM (http://www.marinekic-initiative.eu) with regard to establishing a marine Knowledge Innovation Community within the framework of the European Institute of Technology and to facilitate the involvement of the Regions in such a Marine KIC.
Marine and maritime research in Horizon 2020. This action aims to promote marine and maritime research in Horizon 2020.
Infrastructures for marine and maritime research.Through its action on this issue, the CPMR aims to facilitate direct exchanges between scientists, regions, national authorities and the European Commission concerning the funding of marine and maritime research infrastructures (notably ESFRI infrastructures) through EU Regional Policy and other sources of EU funding.
Go to top of page