Jean-Didier HACHE, Coordinator of the Energy - Climate Working Group
Anne LEZIN, Assistant
TÚl: +33 2 99 35 40 50
The "Energy - Climate" working group was created by the CPMR in 2004.
The Working Group is currently chaired by the Autonomous Region of Navarre.
Its action is developed by a Steering Committee and coordinated by Mr Jean-Didier Hache.
Its objectives are:
- In general, to develop a comprehensive approach to the energy issue, but with special attention on the energy balance and the use of energies of marine origin.The Atlantic coast being particularly concerned by the issue of the Marine Energies (ME), it is the Atlantic Arc working Group on Marine Energies, led by Cantabria, that manages the activities of the CPMR on Marine Energies.
- To reflect on the nature of the relationship between production sites and places of consumption of energy in the context of a market economy and within the framework of the European Union and in particular, to promote the energy potential of Peripheral and Maritime Regions.
- To better understand, given the experience of the various regions, the places of power and decision-making in terms of energy.
- To promote better forms of governance amongst other things, to better manage conflicts that may occur in a region where the development of energy production is fraught with various oppositions.
To this end, the "Energy - Climate" Working Group intends:
- To inform and advise all the CPMR on matters relating to energy,
- To lead in accordance with decisions taken by the CPMR bodies, the actions necessary to defend the specific interests of Peripheral and Maritime Regions by intervening as appropriate to the European institutions during the development and implementation of European laws.
- To promote the exchange of experiences and good practices between the Peripheral and Maritime Regions.